Friday 24 March 2017

Updated Skincare Routine


I thought it was time to finally do an updated skin care post. I have been wanting to get one of these up for ages, but I had not quite got myself into a proper day and night routine. I am happy with all of these products which I am currently using, and I think they all contribute to my routine one way or another.

Acnecide is a facial wash which I was recommended by my dermatologist, it contains benzoyl peroxide which fights bacteria which lives on the skin and can be a main cause of acne. I use this morning and night religiously as part of my daily routine. It is a thin, cream like consistency which you use like any daily facial wash, however they recommend you leave it on for 1-2 minutes before washing off. I tend to brush my teeth in the process and by the end I have finished it is using just about time to wash it off.

Pixi Glow Tonic is one of the products which I use 3-4 times a week to give my skin a thorough clean and also to add some glow back into my skin. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and it contains 5% glycolic acid and witch hazel which I find helps to smooth and neutralise my skin. It costs £18 for 250ml, but it is definitely a must have step in my routine.

I recently dedicated an entire post to the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream. I bought it as I was in real need of a morning moisturiser to give me skin a real boost and add hydration as my skin is always super dry first thing in the morning. The is the most expensive product in my skincare routine at £24.50, but I am really loving using it. The great aspect of this is that it does not clog the pores due to its gel like consistency rather than a cream.

This cheapest product from my skin routine is the Botanics All Bright Purifying Facial Scrub for just £1.99. I really enjoy the gritty texture of this as I feel as though it manages to take off the excess flaky skin sitting on the surface of the skin. It buffs away the skin gently and it does not tug at the skin. It also contains natural AHAs to help brighten and smooth out the overall skin's surface. I use this 2-3 time a week whilst in the shower and my skin always feels refreshed when I get out.

I have been enjoying using both of the L'Oreal Pure Clay Detox and Purity washes which are at the moment on offer for £3.99 in Superdrug. The purity wash aims to cleanse, purify, and mattify, I like this for helping to eliminate impurities and excess oils. The detox wash cleanses, clarifies, and detoxifies the skin. They have a gel cream texture, which turns into a more foam like wash when applied to the face with water. I really enjoy using both on rotation, the purifying wash helps to reduce excess shine. I would recommend this for combination and oily skin types. I use the charcoal detox wash to give my entire face a thorough deep cleanse, this is good for acne or problematic prone skin.

The Duac Cream is another recommendation by my dermatologist to use at night on my spots which are already active on my skin. It contains two ingredients - clindamycin which is an antibiotic commonly used for acne, and also benzoyl peroxide which as I said before works by removing blockages and excess sebum from the skin. I have found that this has really dried my skin out but in a good way as I have started to notice that my active spots have dried out much quicker than usual. It has definitely taken the excess oils from my skin especially through my T-zone.

Do you have any skincare recommendations to add into my routine?

Lucy
xoxo
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig